As the summer season begins many people will be wanting to get outside and enjoy the warm weather and beautiful surroundings. Some of these activities include hiking, cycling, camping, swimming, and rock climbing. These activities include a high calorie usage and the need for sources to restore and replenish the lost calories and energy. Numerous sources of energy foods are available in most stores today. Yet with the ever increasing pressure to eat more organic and people wanting to have a better idea what they are eating a recipe such as the one included in this article can be very helpful.
Ingredients for the cookies
- 1 cup margarine or butter
- 1 box of brown sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 7 cups Quick Oatmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 6 ounce package of chocolate chips
- 1 8 ounce package of plain M & Ms
- carob chips as replacement for chocolate chips
- coconut 1 1/2 cups as replacement of M & Ms
- dates 1 or more cups
- raisins 1 or more cups
- cereal (dry) cornflakes in place of oatmeal
In a very large bowl (makes a lot of cookies) cream together margarine, brown sugar, and sugar. Add 6 eggs, 3 cups of peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of vanilla, 7 cups of oatmeal, 4 teaspoons of baking soda, 6 ounces of chocolate chips, and 8 ounces of M & Ms. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes ona greased cookie sheet.
Hints for baking and storing
- For a less caloric method use Pam or other coating for the cookie sheet
- This makes a large batch of cookies
- The batter can be frozen for up to 2 months
- Because of the ingredients used these cookie have a long shelf life
- The process is very simple therefore can be used as a family cooking event
Suggestion for using this recipe
There are many uses for this recipe. Whether cooking in the kitchen at home, cooking in that cabin the family has rented, or even cooking in the RV’s kitchen this recipe can be the center of many activities.
- Making cookies with the grandchildren
- After a long day hiking and investigating the environment a nice gearing down activity
- Using as a lesson on the growing process and how it contributes to a healthy diet
- An activity the whole family can be a part of
- A planning time for the next day’s activities
This summer as the different activities are planned be sure to remember the need for replenishment of calories. There are many sources, drink plenty of water (stay hydrated), start the day off with a good breakfast, take breaks during the day (stop and smell the roses), and remember to take your Energy Bars with you. Enjoy the summer months and stay safe.
Which electrical supplies online are affordable for every men?
The best beard growth product is very hard to find.
They must to stop cat peeing on carpet – it is unpleasant.